- Just for the record, BOBBY IS MADE OF AWESOME. And if it isn't his sarcasm that's going to make you snicker, it's his emotional bond to the boys that'll make you choke up with tears. That scene in the junk yard where Bobby confronts Sam may be my favorite one of this episode. He did great at transfering his doubt about whether they're doing the right thing here, his love for the boys and his desperation at just wanting to help Sam in that scene. And if Bobby's breaking voice wasn't enough Sam has to go point-blank that gun at his own heart and bring on the puppy eyes. *bawls*
- You're a dick these days.
What the hell's up with Cas? He clearly isn't happy with what he had to do if his angelic sad face is anything to go buy. BUT WHAT IS GOING ON?! They really do come on like shady politicans from Planet Vulcan by now.
- I'm losing my mind.
I love love love what they did with Sam's hallucinations. This traverse of pain and fear (Alistair's torture chamber), loss and guilt (Jessica's death and his inability to save her), disullusionment and self-loathing (14-year-old Sam full of dreams and hopes versus his grown up, broken counterpart), betrayal and damnation (Dean's you're a monster and you're nothing to me), and doubt and self-reaffirmation (his trust in Dean versus his vision of Mary).
And what a fabulous performance on Jared's part. The boy's really grown. ♥
- If I do this, Sammy doesn't have to?
I got the sinking feeling whatever Dean committed himself to here, it ain't what he thought it was. And isn't it just a bit pretentious to sell his soul or make a deal for Sam again when knowing what the last did to them and forbidding his brother to do the same? Maybe pretentious is the wrong word. I guess it's just all the more heartbreaking. Oh Dean.
- When all this is over, I hope we can fix things.
*heartfisting* Oh how this line hurts after knowing what happened next. How Sam's begging his brother to do this together, to just trust him once, and how Dean's just the ever stubborn Winchester (however justifiable the reason) telling Sam that he's a monster before putting that awful ultimatum out there. It felt like a fist to the gut and a door in the face. Boys, you're killing me here. Kripke, go fix them. Now.
- Bulletin of shallowness: the brother against brother fist fight? Mighty hot.
A whole WEEK till the next episode. Oh the agony. How will we pass the time? *clings*